Monday, January 6, 2014

2013

Oh, it has been sooooooooo long since I have been able to post. We canceled our internet to save some money and that's when to posts ended but here I am stealing :) my in-laws wifi so let me briefly try and catch up our major mile stones. 

30th Birthday!- Holy Rabies can anyone believe I turned 30?! I know I can't! 30 may be a tramatic birthday for some but all I could think about was how much I have accomplished and how blessed I feel. I am so blessed to have my wonderful family constantly supporting me. For my birthday Alex let me take the day off and go to the spa, it was oh so relaxing and I came out completely reguvinated. Later, with the help of my bff LM (mostly LM), Alex threw me a huge birthday bash. Unfortunately it was cold that day but luckily we were able to hold it in a cultural hall. Many friends and family were able to attend and we were able to share great memories and wonderful food. LauraMichele had thought of a couple of fun games, we played Jessica Jeopardy and a balloon game where every balloon was filled with someone's memory of me. After the party Alex and I drove off into the sunset to visit Wendover. We didn't win big but we did spring for the jacuzzi room since it was a special occasion and we did have a lot of fun. I think my thirties will be great.
Cake Elora made for me! Cute huh?!

April Jeep Safari- No year is complete without taking a trip to Moab. Usually we camp but this year Little Man had a nasty cough and we didn't want to aggravate it with the colder weather. We were able to check out the expo and also hit a couple of scenic trails which were fun for the kids because we could jeep for a while and then get out and check some stuff out. It was a fun trip.
Little Man chillin' on our picnic stop at Klondike Bluffs


Klondike Bluffs. Check out that view!

Taking a break in some wind caves. They were awesome!

Little Miss makes herself a seat on the wind cave wall.

An abandoned cabin near mine shafts

The bat Alex found in one of the mines.


April Family Pics- These were taken by Leisa Larsen Photography-isn't she amazing!






Taylorsville Dayzz- Of course we had to meet our yearly tradition of going to Taylorsville Dayzz. Our kids are still to little to really enjoy it but it is so fun I like to drag them to it anyway and since the whole Avalos clan goes, they at least get to enjoy playing the night away with their cousins. This year we were only able to enjoy the Saturday events, Dero, Alex and Little Miss went to check out the car show earlier in the day and then we all went and met up with the family later for the "ABBA" concert.
Little Miss at car show burn out contest


Cousins dancing

RayRay

Tracy danced all night with her girls

Alex and Little Miss dancing

Grandma dancing with EE


Alex's Birthday- We had so much fun for Alex's birthday this year! Alex had to work that day and I told him we were to poor to do anything so I was just going to make him a birthday dinner and call that good, in reality I was planning him a surprise party. I woke up early that day and started cutting toppings for a hot dog bar, he asked me what I was doing and I told him I saw a new reciepe on pinterest I was going to try. Around noon I texted him to tell him I had called his mom crying because I ruined the dinner and she said she would just take us out to celebrate and so we were supposed to be to her house by six. He came home excited because he wanted to go to Texas Roadhouse, however, when we pulled in to the drive he saw vehicles he wasn't expecting and the gig was up. He had a blast reminising with all his friends and it was great to see him so happy.

Family Trips- We had two family trips this year, one Gertsch trip and one Avalos Trip. The Avalos family took a 4 day camping trip up American Fork canyon. This trip was an important one because it was Cru's first camping trip, we only did one night because we wanted to see how the kids would fair and we had other commitments as well. It was sure chilly but the kids had a blast!

          The Gertsch's took a Fourth of July Trip to Idaho Falls where Sam and Kristine generously hosted us. I don't know about the other family members but I LOVE visiting Sam and Kris because they plan so many fun activites for the family. This year Sam arranged for the family to make a stop part way where this family runs thier own water slip and slides. (It is just on their lawn, it is free but they do take donatations) Holy Rabies we had such a good time! We played there for hours and did shoot a fun video of the whole family doing a train on the way down (except for Grandma and Grandpa who were not able to grab on before we shot off). The next day Sam rented canoes for us and we took a  for us to take a day long trip down the Snake, next time I will have to work out more before we visit so I am ready :). All the adults took in a movie (So nice to take a break from the kids!) and We went and played at Sam's busincess Hop- to-It. The Gertsch's know how to party big.
Family 


Rope swing we found on the way down the river


water slip and slide


Alex Starts at Torq- In August Alex was blessed to start his dream job at Torq Motorsports. He now spends his days building costum jeep axles and other parts. He LOVES his work and it is nice to have him come home so happy and fulfilled.

Little Miss turns 2- I can't believe I have a two year old! My baby is no longer a baby. Little Miss is now an independent little girl who loves her daddy and brother more than anything. Her lively personality is such a blessing in our home!






Feeling Blessed- Thanksgiving always brings with it a wonderful time to reflect on our many blessings. Alex and I have been so blessed to 1. We have the knowledge of the gospel. Sometimes it is crazy to me how much this knowledge impacts our lives. All of our decisions revolve around the gospel and through our hardships we are always comforted to know that we have a loving Heavenly Father. We are so graeful! 2. We have each other- Alex and I make such a good team and he is one of biggest blessings in my life! 3. The Littles!- everyday isn't easy but every day is truly blessed by their amazing personalities. 4. Our home! Our home is tiny but Alex and I worked out saved our tails off and now it is ours! We are so thankful to be blessed with a home we can afford on one income. 5. Our families! We are so thankful for our families and everything they do for us! We have so many more blessings as well but we will call this our top 5 :)

New family Pictures- Taken by Kate Schofield





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.